E-ISSN 0976-2833 | ISSN 0975-3583
 

Original Research 


Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.

ALI HADI ALSAADY.

Abstract
Abstract
Background & objectives : Tricuspid regurgitation ( TR ) is a frequent echocardiographic finding. However , it`s clinical significance is not well-studied. The aim of this study is to evaluate the prevalence of Non-severe ( mild & Moderate ) TR in asymptomatic subjects with otherwise normal heart structure on Trans-thoracic Echocardiography ( TTE ) .
Methods : The Trans-Thoracic Echocardiography ( TTE ) data of 1220 subjects visiting Cardiology department of Imam Al-Hujjah Hospital/ Karbala/Iraq in the period between May 2018 till June 2019 was analyzed retrospectively. All subjects were asymptomatic with otherwise structurally normal cardiac study on (TTE).
Results : The prevalence of Mild & Moderate TR in asymptomatic individuals with otherwise normal TEE findings was 5.6% ( n =69 ). 41 subjects were female ( 59.9 % ) & 28 were male ( 40.1 % ). The majority have Mild TR ( n=57 , 82% ) , while the rest have Moderate TR ( n=12 , 18 % ) .Prevalence of TR significantly increases with increasing age .
Conclusion : Many individuals can have TR on TTE , However , it`s presence does not always implicate significant cardiac disease, as it can be present in asymptomatic individuals with otherwise normal Heart , and in such case, apart from severe TR , perhaps it does not require further cardiac evaluation. However , prevalence of TR increases significantly with age probably as a part of the degenerative process of aging.

Key words: Tricuspid valve , Tricuspid regurgitation , Prevalence , Echocardiography.


 
ARTICLE TOOLS
Abstract
PDF Fulltext
How to cite this articleHow to cite this article
Citation Tools
Related Records
 Articles by ALI HADI ALSAADY
on Google
on Google Scholar


How to Cite this Article
Pubmed Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. . 2021; 12(1): 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13


Web Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. http://www.jcdronline.org//?mno=3389 [Access: April 09, 2021]. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13


AMA (American Medical Association) Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. . 2021; 12(1): 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13



Vancouver/ICMJE Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. . (2021), [cited April 09, 2021]; 12(1): 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13



Harvard Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY (2021) Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. , 12 (1), 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13



Turabian Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. 2021. Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research, 12 (1), 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13



Chicago Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. "Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.." Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research 12 (2021), 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13



MLA (The Modern Language Association) Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY. "Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.." Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research 12.1 (2021), 55-59. Print. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13



APA (American Psychological Association) Style

ALI HADI ALSAADY (2021) Prevalence of Non-Severe Tricuspid Regurgitation in Asymptomatic Individuals with Otherwise Normal Echocardiography Findings in Karbala City / Iraq.. Journal of Cardiovascular Disease Research, 12 (1), 55-59. doi:10.31838/jcdr.2021.12.01.13